When I went to let the chickens out at lunchtime I was shocked to find one of them had died. Although I do not know a lot about keeping poultry I do know that they don't live forever and this was one of the older ones which we have had for close to 3 years. I have buried her - on the vacant land next to our block so that the dog cannot dig it up. I guess you have figured from this that we only keep chickens for the eggs - not to kill for meat. Although I am not a vegetarian I have always said that I would be if it was up to me to be involved in raising and killing livestock for us to eat.

On a brighter note - I have been tidying up and sorting out my sewing stuff in an attempt to get the spare room into some sort of order. It is all part of my 'big picture' decluttering plan. While I was refolding some offcuts of material I found a piece of white linen with which I am going to make a shirt. It took quite a bit of fiddling with the pattern placement to be able to fit the pattern on but I did it by having contrasting pocket flaps and collar and cutting the front facings separately out of some other white poly cotton fabric I have. It is amazing what you can achieve by being a bit creative. I have got it all cut out so once it is made I will post a photo of the finished article.


This entry was posted on 5:13 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Sorry to hear about the chook but it sounds like she had a good life.

    Possum.

  1. ... on Friday, 16 January, 2009