Yes, tomorrow is my last day in my current employment.

I start my new job on February 2nd after holiday for a week. I am looking forward to the new challenge. It will be very different from what I have been used to. I will be working regular hours in an office environment (never done that before) and no travel. I must say it fits much better ethically with my environmental concerns than constantly driving and/or flying all over the place. I will catching the train to work and probably will go to the station with G in one vehicle.

We are not going anywhere during my time off between jobs so I will just be at home getting things organised. G also has 2 days off next week after the long weekend so it will be a great opportunity to get stuck into some jobs around the house. Maybe we could build the fence around the vegie gardens and orchard??

Firstly, I will be picking up our darling 13 month old granddaughter (Baby O) tomorrow afternoon and she will be staying with us until Sunday when her parents collect her. It is Baby O's first sleepover here so quite exciting for all concerned.

Last night I started some knitting. I have not knitted anything much for a number of years and this is for a gift. The recipient may be reading this so can't divulge any more detail just yet. After I had started I remembered that I had a drawstring calico bag which had contained one of my Christmas gifts. I had carefully put it away so retrieved the bag and found that it is just the perfect thing in which to store my knitting. This will be great for taking it on the train so I will be able knit while commuting.


This entry was posted on 5:35 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Fairy how delightful for you to be having the littliest member of the family staying.

    Possum.

  1. ... on Friday, 30 January, 2009