Today I had a break from sewing. I decided that I was going to have at least one day this week that really felt like I was on holidays. A friend came for lunch and it was lovely to just be able to sit and chat. We had Tuna Pie & salad followed by a piece of Scottish Fruit Loaf. I had actually made this one using a combination of dried apricots, dates and almonds. I felt quite refreshed and relaxed - which is what holidays are all about.

This afternoon I ventured down to the overgrown garden and picked the last 6 cucumbers from the vines. The vines will get pulled out on the weekend. I also picked Roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes as well as 3 different types of chilis. I want to make Sweet Chili Sauce but only have 190g of chilis and the recipe is for 250g so I think I will reduce the quantity and make it tomorrow. I will also make some more cucumber pickles. The larder is filling up again. I made plum jam today with 1kg plum I bought earlier in the week. That made 3 medium jars of jam. G loves plum jam.


This entry was posted on 6:38 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    So glad you are enjoying your holidays Fairy!!!! Glad your sewing turned out okay in the end!!!!

    Sharyn

  1. ... on Friday, 30 January, 2009  
  2. Anonymous said...

    The cooking ahead sounds yum. It must be so satisfying to be producing so much form your own garden.

    Possum.

  3. ... on Friday, 30 January, 2009  
  4. Fairy said...

    Thanks for the comments. The feedback is what really keeps me going with writing thhis blog.

    Possum,I have missed your kind and thoughtful comments these past few days. Hope all is well.

  5. ... on Friday, 30 January, 2009