It is one thing to have New Year's resolutions which I always sort of do but this year is different.

Since last year threw up more than its fair share of challenges I have really taken the time to think seriously about where I am in my life and where I want to be. I want to have some control rather than just being dragged (sometimes kicking and screaming) towards another year over and feeling like I have not achieved anything.

The new job will go a long way to helping live my life on a more even keel.

Lots of little things keep coming to mind so I intend to write them all down here so that I can check up regularly and see how I am going with the challenges I set myself.

A few other things:

Deal with the mail as soon as it arrives - not to gather dust in a pile on the desk
Menu plan our evening meals and try to incorporate a least 1 new recipe each fortnight
Find a new dentist in our area and go regularly
Have my hair cut every 6 weeks
Minimise the rubbish we generate - I was inspired by Sacha

Over the years I feel that I have done a reasonably good job of reducing our waste, particularly plastic packaging though a variety of means so now it is time to quantify it. I am going to weigh all of our rubbish so that I know exactly how much we contribute to landfill.

Update on the movies - we got to the cinemas and the foyer was packed with people. Note to self (and G) - do not go to the movies in a holiday area on New Year's Day when it is 37 degrees!

We plan to go tomorrow evening in Brisbane after G finishes work. I am going to the Gold Coast with my mother tomorrow to see a friend of hers from 40 years ago. She has not seen me since I was at primary school.


This entry was posted on 5:13 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: