Like a jungle! I finally made time this afternoon to do something in the vegie garden. I pulled out all of the old climbing beans from the trellis and cleared heaps of weeds out of that bed.

The chickens then got into the bare earth and had fun catching all sorts of goodies.

Today's harvest was worthwhile - 3 cherry tomatoes, 2 Roma tomatoes, 1 large zucchini and 15 cucumbers. Now, what to do with the cucmbers? I will be making some pickled cucmbers and may look for a recipe for chilled cucumber soup. I guess they will be some of tomorrow's chores.


This entry was posted on 8:37 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    TJ said...

    Fairy,
    Can't wait to hear more about your garden and the things you make with all your veggies/fruits. I'm enjoying reading about and seeing what your up too. You've also got me thinking about not shopping on Sunday and reducing the amount of garbage we create. Thanks for sharing!!

    Tania

  1. ... on Friday, 09 January, 2009