This post is for one of my other challenges I have set myself:

Buy nothing on Sundays or public holidays

No groceries, petrol, whitegoods, electronic equipment either in person or online.

The exceptions are outings and recreation activities such as movie tickets, restaurant meals, admission to galleries or other venues.

The reason for this is linked to my aim to simplify my life. What did we do when the shops were open 5 1/2 days a week. We organised ourselves and made sure that we had what we needed and if we didn't we went without. It is not that long ago and I want to prove that I can do it again. If nobody shopped on a Sunday then it would not be viable for the shops to open and we would be giving back 1 day/week family time to everyone who works in retail. A bit optimistic perhaps, but I am going to give it a go. Thanks Cinderella Complex for making me think about this.


This entry was posted on 7:35 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: