As mentioned in one of my earlier posts my plan is not to spend any money on Sundays or Public holidays apart from recreation spending. The reason for setting myself this challenge is as a statement against extended hours of opening for retailers. I dislike the fact that it takes away family recreation time for all those who work in the retail sector as well as the encouragement for people to spend as a recreational activity.

Today was a success with no spending on groceries, petrol, whitegoods etc. What did I do?? I met another Simple Saver and family for morning tea at a local cafe. We also made friends with the resident Eastern Water Dragon. Afterwards I came home and washed, ironed, sewed and cooked. Sound boring? - perhaps, but the cooking and sewing are hobbies as well as necessities and the washing and ironing are all up to date so I don't need to worry about them during the week while I am working.

I am making a bathrobe for G which I have nearly finished so tomorrow I will post a photo of the finished article.


This entry was posted on 10:09 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Dear Fairy,

    well I finally made the time to read your blog & I'm so glad I did. I've never followed a blog before so I'm really looking forward to getting to know you through it, you may even give me the courage to start my own blog. You have a lovely place Fairy & thanks for sharing your daily adventures. As for being boring, no never.

    Possum.

  1. ... on Monday, 05 January, 2009