Here is the rubbish for this week bagged up in a used corn chip bag and ready to go in the bin.

Week 2 - 246g

2009 total - 613g

I am pretty pleased with our results so far so hoping to keep it up for the year. Now that I have figures for 2 weeks I have some sort of baseline to aim for as the year progresses. Even at this rate we will still generate about 16kg of rubbish for the year. I have have been doing some research and found that the 'average' person in Australia throws out around 600kg of rubbish per year. I know that the rubbish I am measuring is only generated from within the house and does not include things like the empty cement bag which G used when putting in the new post for the gate. Despite all of that I am sure we will come in way below average so I am really pleased.

The other exciting news is that I have successfully purchased my chosen mobile phone as planned. Over the coming week I will have to acquaint myself with the features and also load all of my contacts into it from my existing phone.


This entry was posted on 8:03 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Wow I'm impressed with your rubbish results Fairy.
    Have fun with the phone, I hope you don't experience "I want to throw this phone out of thw window" moments, hehe.

    Possum

  1. ... on Wednesday, 14 January, 2009  
  2. Anonymous said...

    246 grams.... I feel ashamed of how much we throw away now!!! What an achievement!!! I'm so impressed!

    Good luck with the phone buying!!!

    Sharyn

  3. ... on Wednesday, 14 January, 2009  
  4. Anonymous said...

    I didn't understand this post until I read your post on SS.. Great idea..
    Without the weighing Im going no more plastic bags but just starting this so I have loads to learn.
    Wish we had a compost - one day though & we also have no recycling in this town which sucks.
    Love your blog. thanks for sharing keep up the awesome blog :)
    Amy (Pal from SS)

  5. ... on Wednesday, 14 January, 2009  
  6. Anonymous said...

    Amy we now have a home made compost that DH made with star posts & chicken wire but when we first started off we bought those plastic compost bins form Bunnings for just over $30. They do a good job. Our council sell them for about $24. So perhaps your council does as well.

    Possum.

  7. ... on Friday, 16 January, 2009