I spent the morning at home doing a bit more housework. When I am complaining in a day or so that my knees are hurting this post will remind me that I spent a considerable amount of time on my hands and knees - scrubbed the kitchen and laundry floors as well as cleaning the internal timber staircase.

Before I went out at lunchtime I collected the mail which included a parcel - my 150 new pegs that I ordered from Maid of Shade. They look great and I am sure will work a treat. I am not planning on using them straightaway but rather to put them in my stockpile to add as required when the others break.

I carefully opened the plastic postpak that the pegs arrived in by splitting it along the top edge. This will be the rubbish bag for next week. The rubbish bag this week is the bag from the corn chips that I bought last week to make Bean Nachos.

Before I started work I went to the local Telstra Shop to see about buying a new mobile phone. I have had a mobile phone supplied by work but now that I am changing jobs I need to get a new one. I had done my research via Telstra catalogue, the internet and Simple Savings forum and was fairly convinced that I knew what I needed. Once again, the staff proved how easily people can be led by the sales pitch. The Nokia phone I wanted was $79 to puchase outright as a pre-paid so it was not going to do wonders for their sales so the salesman's final spiel was to point out that because of where I live it might be better to have access to the 3G network which covers 98% of people in Australia (his words, not mine) and that is not available on the phone I had chosen. I wasn't going to fall for this so said I would think about the information he had given me and walked out of the shop. 2 minutes later I realised that G has an old-style Nokia which cetainly is not compatible with 3G and it works perfectly well for our requirements. By this time I had lost my place in the queue and needed to get to work so tomorrow I am off to BUY my phone. No-one is going to distract me from my chosen path!

Tonight we are having sausages and vegetables for dinner and after that I hope to do a bit more sorting of my sewing and craft things.


This entry was posted on 6:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Fairy the best part is that you identified the spiel & didn't fall in like all the others. I now find myself having a little inner smile when these folks parrot their rehearsed speach.

    I'm all for the simple life & I'm trying to simplify more with each passing day. Not only easy on the wallet & the planet but better for me too.

  1. ... on Tuesday, 13 January, 2009