Today has essentially been a day of rest after a few long days at work. I work flexible hours and am able to accrue enough hours to have a day off each fortnight.

I did a load of washing which is now all dry and waiting for me to do the folding and also some ironing once I finish typing this. A friend came for lunch today and we sat out on the verandah surrounded by the garden and enjoyed the peace and quiet. I was also able to take her for a wander through the garden since she had not been here before. She went home laden with eggs and lemons from here. I think it is so important to share what you have and develop local connections and networks because in difficult times it will be through those networks that we are able to sustain each other. This afternoon I headed up to Maleny to do a bit of shopping and go to the library.

This evening I need to get myself organised and pack for the weekend. I may be able to write some posts while I am away but if not there will be an update early next week.


This entry was posted on 5:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Have a safe trip, Fairy.... glad you enjoyed your day off!!

    Sharyn :)

  1. ... on Thursday, 26 February, 2009  
  2. Anonymous said...

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    What a thrill to have sent your guest away with lemons & eggs.

    Possum.

  3. ... on Monday, 02 March, 2009