I have just weighed the rubbish for the week and cannot believe it - 49 grams!!

Week 6 - 49 grams

2009 total - 1047 grams (1.047kg)

The result for our first 6 weeks of the challenge to reduce and quantify our rubbish has been a far greater success than I had ever dared to imagine. We are not really doing anything different and this is just our normal routine.

Today I had my eyes tested and have ordered a new pair of glasses especially for computer work since I really need a dedicated pair as most of my working day now is spent in front of the computer.

It has been very steamy the last few days here and we are hoping to get some of the rain which is forecast over the next day or so.

Also, hoping for rain for all of those still being affected by the bushfires. I am still struggling with the enormity of what has happened and continue to pray for all of those who have been touched by this tragedy.


This entry was posted on 9:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Claire said...

    Hi, I'm enjoyingh reading your blog and I am most impressed about the amount of rubbish you have. What do you do with all your rubbish? Do you recycle, and is the rubbish weight items that cannot be composted or recycled? Well done.

  1. ... on Wednesday, 11 February, 2009  
  2. Fairy said...

    Sami

    I am glad you are enjoying reading my entries.

    Regarding the rubbish - the weights I quote each week is what goes in the rubbish bin and ultimately to landfill. Recyclables and compost are not counted in that weight. Our household is 2 adults and we try to minimise the amount of packaging that comes into the house by choosing bulk/loose products wherever we can or recyclable packaging. We do not purchase a lot of 'stuff'.

  3. ... on Wednesday, 11 February, 2009