Since it is Tuesday it is time to record the weight of rubbish for the week. For the first time this year it is down to double figures - 99g.

Week 5 - 99 grams

2009 total - 998 grams

I am so pleased. We have completed 5 weeks of the Great Rubbish Challenge and have managed to average a touch under 200 grams/week over that time but better still each week has seen a reduction. This cannot continue forever but I will try to maintain the average over the year.

I missed posting yesterday as it was my first day in my new job and I was just too tired by the end of the day. Today went well at work - I now have my computer installed and hopefully tomorrow my desk phone will be programmed.

Travelling to work on the train is certainly very different to the extensive amount of driving I was doing in my previous job. Today was a challenge as there were 'technical hitches' with some overhead lines on both the inbound and outbound trips. It took me 2 hours 40 minutes to get to work which is basically double what the normal time is and this evening we got offloaded from the tain and onto a bus for the last 30km home.

At lunchtime today I went across the street to a fabric shop and bought a lovely piece of white cotton/voile fabric. It is all pieced and patchworked and has a bit of grey, black and red on it. I bought some red buttons and am going to make another shirt. The girls at work are very interested so I have promised I will make it on the weekend and wear it next week. I have a lightweight red cardigan with 3/4 sleeves which will go nicely with the shirt.

G and I are busy planning our new routines to include grocery shopping and housework with me now working regular hours for the first time ever in the 33 years I have been working.


This entry was posted on 9:21 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Fariy so glad your enjoyed the first day. You may have to try different train times to find the right fit for you. Almost 3 hours is a long time. It sounds like the girls have welcomed you which is nice. Look forward to seeing the blouse.

    Did you rescue the SCS?

    Possum.

  1. ... on Wednesday, 04 February, 2009  
  2. Anonymous said...

    So pleased to hear your first day went well. The fabric you bought sounds lovely, like Possum I'm looking forward to seeing the blouse. Sounds like you have some friendly work mates.

    Poppet

  3. ... on Wednesday, 04 February, 2009  
  4. Anonymous said...

    Great that your first day went so well!!! I too need to know - how did the sweet chilli sauce go?????

    Sharyn :)

  5. ... on Wednesday, 04 February, 2009