I made the Sweet Chili Sauce today and it is anything but sweet. In fact it is soo hot that I am still suffering the ill-effects. I inhaled some of the fumes and it has 'burnt' my throat, leaving me with a constant tickle in my throat and 3 fingers on my left hand are constantly burning from touching the chilies while cutting them up. At this stage I have a bottle and a half of inedible chili sauce that is so hot it is unbelievable. I posted a question on Simple Savings to see if anyone had any ideas on how to improve it. I thought of making more sugar syrup and breaking it down with that but I like Lara's idea of her Mum's recipe which includes apricot jam. I think I might buy some and try adding some to a small portion of the sauce to see if I can improve matters. Watch this space for more updates.

After the suace saga everything else today almost pales into insignificance.

I was delighted late this afternoon when my cousin and her husband who live in Brisbane dropped in with her sister who is visiting from interstate. It was lovely to be able to sit in the lounge and have coffee while watching the cloud and misty rain blow in from the coast. The rain may increase over the next day or so depending on what the cyclone further north does.

Apart from that I am busy mentally preparing myself for my first day at my new job tomorrow. More about that another day.


This entry was posted on 8:08 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Oh Fairy what a pity about the SCS. Did you use what you had or end up getting more chillies from your neighbour? Sounds like it would blow your head off.

    Hope you enjoy your first day of work.

    Possum.

  1. ... on Monday, 02 February, 2009