Life continues on as usual without any earth-shattering events but lots of little stories to tell.

Today I spent the enormous sum of $4.95 on a chain for my computer glasses. They are perfect for working at the computer and also reading documents, however, every time I get up to go and photocopy something I just about fall over if I look through my glasses. Rather than putting them down on the desk constantly I have resorted to a chain around my neck - it may not be super-stylish but much more practical.

I have also found a bootmaker in the arcade near the train station so I intend to take my winter boots to get them re-heeled and toed before I do any major damage to them. He has quoted me about $25 which is much better than $180 for a new pair of boots. I will take my pedotmeter in as well and see if I can get new batteries in it (they are like hearing aid batteries).

This morning I caught a later train and was able to water the lettuces in the garden - they are growing (so are the weeds) and 45 of the orignal 57 seedlings that I planted have survived. Not bad for a $2 punnet. I picked 2 ripe figs which I had for breakfast. The pumpkin vine is quickly sprawling everywhere and I know there is at least 1 full-size pumpkin on it already.

I managed 2 loads of washing today - 1 this morning which was dry when I got home this evening and is now folded and put away except for the ironing which has been added to the pile. I will try to get some done tomorrow afternoon. I have set aside 2 pairs of socks which have small holes and I will 'darn' them using the zigzag stitch on my sewing machine. I did the second load of washing this evening and hung it out.

I want to say thank you to everyone for their interest in my ramblings and encouraging comments. They help to keep my focus. Thank you all.


This entry was posted on 9:22 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Mel said...

    Your garden is amazing, pretty much what I'd love to have!

  1. ... on Thursday, 05 March, 2009