I really feel as though I have been a bit off the rails as far as this blog goes since before we went on holidays. Now things are starting to settle down and I hope to get back into the swing of posting something each day.

One of my goals for the year was No Spend Sundays (and public holidays). This went by the wayside for a few weeks before the holiday as we needed to get things and there did not seem to be enough hours in the day (or days in the week). This is a long weekend here in Queensland and this morning I managed to achieve all of the shopping that needed doing. I had my hair cut, bought meat, fruit & veg, groceries, G bought 2 pairs of shoes and we also went to Bunnings and a couple of kitchen shops looking at ideas for our kitchen renovation which will be starting a few weeks.

This afternoon I made celery soup and refried beans. I picked a large bag of lemons as well as our very first navel orange from our tree and the first grapefruit. I will be making lemon cordial tomorrow. While I was in the garden I also finished putting a border of rocks around the grapefruit and one of the orange trees and mulching under the trees. I hope to get all of the fruit trees done over the next couple of weeks.

This morning we hung up our hanging canvas chairs under the house. We bought them at the Eumundi markets a couple of years ago and have been patiently waiting until we had the concreting done under the house before we hung them up. They are so comfortable and relaxing - I expect I will make time to curl up with a good book in mine. However, probably not too much use in the next few months as it will be too cold. Once summer comes it will be lovely to escape to the cool space down there.


This entry was posted on 8:17 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Hey Fairy...

    I have been away too - just got back from O/S yesterday. Love your new look blog - but is it possible to put the date up on it as to when you wrote it??? It's kinda fallen off since you changed the look of it around.....

    I need to refocus again too - your blog is a timely reminder to me to get back to it now that I'm home!

    Sharyn

  1. ... on Monday, 25 May, 2009  
  2. Anonymous said...

    Yoo hoo anyone in here?

    Love Sharyn's date idea.

    Monday 29th June.

    Karen.

  3. ... on Monday, 29 June, 2009  
  4. Anonymous said...

    Guys..
    a found a great place to find nice products at wholesale rate at [url=http://50off.reviewazone.com/]discount coupon[/url]
    Have Fun

  5. ... on Monday, 08 February, 2010